Sunday, April 1, 2012

Quick Tip for Practice - Painted Trigger Finger

I am always seeking ways in which I can practice and still meet the obligations of work, life, and family.  It is important to especially get your mind and muscles to work on their own when you are busy in a competition and have so many things to think about.

See the painted fingernail?  This is my trigger finger.  After a fight with my manicurists, I finally convinced her I wanted my index finger painted with a design.

The problem was that the current fashion is to have your ring finger with an elaborate design.  She thought I had gotten the fad wrong.

"No, I want it on my index finger.  Just the index finger"

"But dat iz wrong; not right.  It is da ring finger.  U understand?"  She said while wildly pointing at her finger, her ring, then my finger then my ring.  I think she thought I couldn't understand Vietnamese, Spanish or English or I was a total flop at fashion.

Looking at my design that I finally, despite her sighs and rolling eyes, got her to put on my index finger I realized that the "diamond" on my index finger design was bigger then the "diamond" on most ladies rings.   They should all put the design on their index finger and not show the world how small their diamonds are.

Any how, my plan worked.  When typing, talking, pointing or anything, I am now very conscious of my index finger and why it is painted the way it is.  Last Thursday at the qualifier, I found that I didn't have to concentrate so hard on my finger being off the trigger because I was so aware of it all week.

So, go have a fight with your manicurist!

No comments:

Post a Comment