Friday, April 20, 2012

Great Shooting Night

There is nothing more fun than walking out of an IDPA Tournament with good scores.  See, this is the first time I did this.  So I'm a very happy shooter!

I didn't get a prize like at the county fair, but that is OK.  People will have to listen to me brag rather than admiring a stuffed animal trophy.

We usually have one of the RGV Shooters who comes with a computer and the IDPA software.  After the match he loads up the scores on the  RGV Shooters website for the world to see.

Guess what?  I shot very well and he didn't show!  We had to document the scores on paper.  Now I am very worried that my first good scores won't get up on the website for all to see.

So, readers, here is what you need to do. Go to the Rio Grande Valley Shooters website by clicking here.  Then click on scores.  Go to March 15th and look at my score.  I cut that by way more than half!  (Actually I forgot what my actual score was but, trust me, it was good.

Now, the time.  I am still sloooooooow.  On one scenario I had a 0, 1, 0, 0, 1 (the lower the score the better you are).  That round I had a whopping 70.+ seconds.  You know why?  Limp wrist!  I have a new holster and am getting use to it.  I was not able to get my hand on the gun correctly and was holding it too far down on the handle.  This causes the gun to recoil up slightly.  Guns don't like that.

M&P 9mm Smith and Wessons are completely unforgiving if your wrist goes limp.  The punishment is that the gun jams.  That eats up a lot of time.  Sigh.  This week I will practice on grabbing the gun correctly and keeping the wrist taunt.

Here is a link to what the IDPA score sheets.  Just imagine a  0, 1, 0, 0, 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment